- 1883 – Christof Grauff founded a machine factory in Bretten, which manufactured machines for agriculture, such as fodder cutting machines, beet mills, fruit presses etc.
- 1924 - After his death, his son Alfred Grauff took over the company and expanded the product range with tobacco processing machines in the 1930s. In the post-war years, another branch of production was added: upholstery machines - in the beginning, machines for processing natural fibres such as plucking machines and filling machines were produced for the upholstery industry.
- In the 1960s, machines were developed and built for the new upholstery material "foam": e.g. flock-tearing machines, flock-filling machines, mattress filling machines etc.
- 1966 – the successor Wolfgang Grauff took over the business and brought his acquired know-how into the company. After the death of Alfred Grauff in 1978, the agricultural machinery business was discontinued and the company has since concentrated on the development and production of foam and nonwoven processing machines.
- 1995 – the old factory building in the city was abandoned and a new factory was built in the industrial area.
- 1998 – the sole proprietorship was converted into a GmbH & Co. KG - the managing director of the 4th generation is Joachim Grauff.
- 2002 – Takeover of the company L.H. Lorch AG for filling systems and feeding equipment for the bedding industry.
- 2005 – Construction of a new hall for assembly and warehousing.
- 2009 – Joachim Grauff is the sole managing partner.
- 2020 – Wolfgang Grauff passes away after a short illness but a full life on 8 March at the age of 87 - we miss him very much!
Excerpt from the product range today:
Foam "sticks" cutting machines, filling machines for pillows and cushions, filling machines for feather beds, filling machines for upholstery, cushion covering machines, mattress covering machines, foam flock granulators, fleece wadding cutting machines.